This relatively healthy porridge only takes 5 minutes to make using a microwave. The added swirl of caramel sauce makes it something special.
- porridge oats (haferflocken/ oat meal) - 1/4 cup
- semi skimmed milk - 3/4 cup
- banana - 1 small to medium
- caramel sauce - 1 tablespoon
- pecan nuts - a few
- chia seeds (optional) - sprinkling
1. Put oats and milk in a bowl and microwave on full for 1.5 minutes
2. Meanwhile slice the banana.
3. Add half of the banana to the cooked porridge, stir and microwave again for another minute.
4. Remove from microwave and stir if it is too runny cook for a further 30 seconds.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and serve
If you after a relatively healthy porridge give this Banoffee porridge a try. It combines porridge oats, milk, banana and caramel sauce to make a delicious breakfast. It is inspired by the great dessert of Banoffee pie. For a mini Banoffee version check out my other post, Banoffee Pie Pots. It only takes 5 minutes to make using a microwave. The added swirl of caramel sauce makes it something special. To make it a bit healthier I add some chia seeds. Chia seeds are a real wonder food, they don’t taste of much but are high in Omega 3’s, also in calcium and magnesium that supports healthy bones and high in fibre to support digestion. More info on chia seeds .Hope you like the porridge and give the Chia Seeds a try.Add to Favourites