- Serving: 1.5 litre jar
Honey Nuts and Seeds Granola
Healthy alternative to shop bought granola.
- Wet ingredients
- ground linseeds - 1 tablespoon
- water - 3 tablespoons
- Regular olive oil - 1/4 cup
- brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
- honey - 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Dry ingredients
- oats - 2 cups
- oats or 5 grains - 1 cup
- dessicated coconut - 1/2 cup
- mix of nuts (cashew, walnut & pecans) - 1 cup
- whole linseeds - 1/4 cup
- chia seeds - 1/4 cup
- sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- sesame seeds - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- After cooking
- Dried friut - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Heat the oven to fan 150 degrees centigrade.
- Make the vegan egg by mixing together ground linseeds with the 3 tablespoons of water in a small jug. Keep stirring for a few minutes until its starts to thicken up.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl break the walnuts and cashew nuts into quarter. Mix together with all of the dry ingredients into.
- Add the other wet ingredients to the linseed mixture and stir until well combined.
- The mix the wet into the dry until well combined.
- Place the sprinkle on to a baking sheet lined with a silicon sheet or baking parchment
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the mix is golden brown. Stir gently every 10 minutes to try and ensure an even bake.
- Once cooked leave to cool thoroughly.
- Mix in dried fruit if required cranberries or sultanas are a great choice.
- Store in an air tight jar.
This is a simple recipe for a honey nuts and seeds granola. I like a good granola for breakfast. I had a look at my favourite shop bought granola and didn’t like the list of ingredients. This is my second attempt at making a granola. It takes 40 minutes to cook in a medium oven and will keep for at least 1 month in an airtight container. I have used sunflower, linseeds, chia and sesame seeds. Add a cup of your favourite nuts I use mix of cashew nuts, walnuts and pecans. To make the seeds stick to the oats I use a tablespoon of ground linseeds and 3 tablespoons of water (this is a vegan trick for replacing eggs). If you want a full vegan granola replace the honey with some maple syrup. Add your favourite dried fruit after cooking. Great served with milk or yoghurt and fruit puree.Add to Favourites