- Yield: 1.25 litres
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
This is an easy recipe for homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.
- Jack Daniels or other bourbon - 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup
- onion - 1
- garlic cloves - 4
- Bottle of tomato ketcup - 500ml
- treacle or Zuckerrueben sirop - 3/4 of a cup
- brown sugar - 100g
- apple vinegar - 1/3 cup
- tomato puree - 4 tablespoons
- worcestershire sauce - 3 tablespoons
- salt - 2 teaspoons
- white pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- chipotle or tabasco sauce - 1/2 to 1 teaspoon to taste
1. Chop the onion and garlic in a food processor.
2. Add to a large saucepan with the Jack Daniels. Simmer for 10 minutes until the onions look translucent.
3. Add the other ingredients and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally to stop it sticking. You are after a thick sauce consistency.
4. Whilst warm spoon into a clean sterilised jar.
This is an easy recipe for homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. It makes over a litre of sauce that can be kept in a sterilised jar for a couple of months. There are several versions posted online and this recipe is a German friendly one using Zuckerrueben sirop instead of treacle or molasses to give it a dark colour. It makes any BBQ special and can be used in other dishes such as adding it to passata to make BBQ sauce for pizza toppings or including it chicken quesadillas to give them a smokey BBQ flavour. Check out my tips page on how to sterilise jars.Add to Favourites