Baked Feta Cheese & Honey
Taste of Greece, Feta and roasted vegetables.
- For Cheese
- Feta Cheese - 1/2 block per person
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon per block
- dried Italian herbs - 1 teaspoon
- fresh ground black pepper
- runny honey - 1 tablespoon per block
- chopped rosemary - 1 teaspoon per block
- For vegetables
- aubergine - 1
- courgette - 1
- cherry tomatoes - handful per person
- mini peppers - 1 to 2 per person
- salt and pepper
- olive oil - 1 to 2 tablespoons
- dried Italian herbs - sprinkling
- To serve
- balsamic vinegar - drizzle
- salad sprinkle - sprinkling
- chunky bread
- Preheat the oven to Fan 220 degrees centigrade
- Wash the vegetables and pat them dry. Slice the courgette and aubergine. Place in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes, Turning after the first 10 minutes ( at this time put in the cheese)
- Remove the Feta cheese from its packet and lightly dry with kitchen paper. Put into a lined baking tray, drizzle on some olive oil season with some black pepper.
- Chop the rosemary into small pieces.
- Bake for 8 minutes at the same temperature as the veggies.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and drizzle on some honey and sprinkle with the rosemary.
- When the veggies are ready remove them from the oven. Grill the cheese until it starts to go brown.
- Place the veggies on the plates first. Top with some cubes of the cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with salad sprinkle.
This baked feta cheese and honey recipe is inspired by a recent trip to the Mosel valley. As well as having some great wine there I also had some great food. By baking the feta you turn it into something really special. The feta only takes a few minutes in the oven to cook and you can finish it off with some honey and herbs and gently grill it to get a great combination of sweet and salty taste.
To accompany my cheese I also made some roasted vegetables, they also take a few minutes in the oven. Serve the dish with some chunky bread to help soak all the juices.Add to Favourites